Friday, August 12, 2005

The Five's That Make my Heartbeat

Ten years ago: 1995. I was juuuust BEGINNING to get over a deep depression caused by the break-up between me & my first love, Dave. It was the summer and I was just starting to feel “worthy of living” again. It was then that I vowed to NEVER let a man “steal my thunder, rob me of MY self-esteem or make me feel like I LITERALLY couldn’t live without him. My break up with my ex was necessary. By that I mean, I see that God put me where I was supposed to be and it was NOT with him. HE broke up with me and after I wrapped my mind around the fact that this was God's will and that it was NOT the end of the world, I began to heal. I was learning to love myself and my independence. This was also the resurgence of my Playa-Playa mode.....

Five years ago: I was about to turn 30 and was in a relationship with a wonderful, albeit “emotionally unavailable” type of man, whom was truly my best friend at the time, but I was beginning to realize that we couldn’t be together. I was also trying to get another job and figure out if I wanted to stay in the whole HR arena.

One year ago: I had a *brand-spanking new* still had the new car smell, 2 month old baby and had just gotten married 4 months prior to that. I was still on medical leave (yea!!!) and was just getting over a bit of postpartum depression and beginning to really enjoy my little stinker.

Yesterday: I went to work, picked up my son and went home. I gave the baby a bath, fed him and put him to sleep. Then my husband out some steaks & chicken on the grill and I feasted and fell out!!!

Today: Honestly? I haven’t done ANY work today….just been having an e-z-blogging kinda day. My boss or Odie(the other ass I work with) isn’t here, nor is my girl that I work with, so it’s quiet in my area. I’m gonna get my nails done after work, as I do every other Friday and take it on in.

Tomorrow: I’m going to go shopping for a new iron and for a dang carpet steam cleaner. We just moved into this brand-spanking new house last Nov. and I swear there are more spots on the dang carpet than on the moon!

5 snacks I enjoy: Baskin & Robbins Chocolate Chip, apple pie, key lime pie (as long as it’s the consistency of cheesecake and not like pudding), chips and movie popcorn

5 bands that I know the lyrics to most of their songs: Dr. Buzzard’s Original Savannah Band (holla at’cha gurl if ya feel me on this one!), Tribe Called Quest baby!, De La Soul, (some of ) Earth, Wind & Fire and Heavy D & The Boyz (heh heh, I’m takin ya back!)

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Buy my Mom, my mother-in-law, brother & sister and brother-in-law a house. DEFINITELY take at least ½ and place it in a fund a live off the interest. Give my “circle of trust” friends a NICE Christmas gift, put 20 mil in a trust fund for my baby, QUIT MY GATDAMN JOB, and ……. Chill.

5 locations I’d like to runaway to:
Anyplace Carribean, Australia, my Mom’s house, France and Me-hee-co (Mexico)

5 bad habits I have: Cursing like I’ve lost alllll laldylike qualities (i.e. like a sailor), walking around the house with just a t-shirt and underwear on, not answering the phone when I don’t wanna be bothered, getting frustrated easily and SEVERE ROAD RAGE.

5 things I like doing: SHOPPING!!!!!, playing with my son, going to the movies, traveling, and did I mention shopping?

5 things I would never wear: a tube top, a tacky watch, anything cheaply made (because you end up looking just that…cheap) , hats that are big with flowers, and feathers and sequins, etc. on them, black nailpolish

5 TV shows I like: Extreme Home Makeover, Extreme Makeover, House, Being Bobby Brown (as stupid as it is…I MUST tune in to see their latest antics!) and the Dave Chappelle Show.

5 movies I like: Lord of the Rings (all…I’m counting this as one), Harry Potter (all ot them too…I’m counting this as one), The Color Purple, Imitation of Life, Pulp Fiction and Trading Places

5 famous people I’d like to meet: Oprah, Bill Clinton, The Rock, Maxwell and Samuel L. Jackson

5 biggest joys at the moment: My son, music, being at home with my husband, sleeping and shopping (heh heh)

5 favorite toys: Raggedy Ann, Barbie, Connect Four, Life and my bike

8 comments:

button_nose said...

Robyn, you are too much....I like the fact that you can be honest and admit that at the time of the break up that it was God's will and not the end of the world.

Right now I'm trying to make a very big decision on the man in my life......

Your 5 bad habits...cursing is my biggest as well, you walk around in a t-shirt and panty...girl I do it in the buff, my mother says girl you're gonna blind that boy (my son) if you don't cover up LOL!!

Keep ya head up, and God will do the rest.

Smooches :)

p.s. thanks for stopping by and checking a sista out :)

Knockout Zed said...

Maaaaaaaaaaan, what's with the "Memento" style post, nigga? I gotta admit, it was kind of creative so I won't mess with you too much. Damn, we are getting old! That Dave stuff seems like yesterday.

Zantiferous3 said...

Ok, I clearly... CLEARLY had to stop reading and holla at my girl!!! !AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK you like Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band??? You are officially cool fucking people. I was JUST listening to Sunshower in the car... JAMMING and I'll Be a Fool and Cher Chez La Femme... are my faves too. Okay, *going back to reading now*

You are officially the coolest... for real. LOL

Zantiferous3 said...

See... I don't want to meet the Rock. Instant divorce for me... cuz if shows just the SLIIIIIGHTEST interest... LOL

Msnhim said...

"tribe Called Quest baby!, De La Soul, (some of ) Earth, Wind & Fire and Heavy D & The Boyz (heh heh, I’m takin ya back!)"

Thats all me!!!!!!! I think we have connected musically :-)

Nicky said...

Great getting to know you. Thanks for checking out my site.

Robyn said...

@Bajan Beauty: Girl, I swear, if I could just STOP cursing, the world would be a better place!! Please stop by anytime!

@ knockout: Yo ass IS old (hee hee) but, alas, since you are one of my closest friends, I am soooo glad to see your support and won't FUCK wit'cha too much :-)

@X: GIRL!!! You are my girl! Officially!! I am so excited to find someone who KNOWS and LIKES Dr. Buzzard! O.K., but why do I have it on VINYL and on CD????? LOL

@msnhim: OOOH WEE!!! Yes,sweetie, we have DEFINITELY connected!!! LOL Keep stopping by to visit! :-)

@Nicky: Hey lady! Thanks for coming to my little corner of the blogosphere! Stop by again!

Zantiferous3 said...

Girl I was listening to "Sunshower" and "I'll Play the Fool" on the way in this morning and thought of you. LOL

I can't believe someone else KNOWS and jams to them like me!!! LOL

Damn, I don't have vinyl but I damn sure have the CD. LOL