Thursday, October 13, 2005

Tales of the FATBALL.....

Lemme tell you the update on FATBALL first. If you are just joining us, read this first. Got it. good.

O.K., My stank-azz boss (see:VP of HR) was saying that she wanted ME to talk to him FIRST and that THEN she'd talk to him. You have to understand who we're dealing with. She is a miserable woman who is up in errrrrrrry'body's business and tells err'body's business. She is a dumpy-frumpy white woman, who has a thyroid condition that hampers all of her attempts to lose weight and so, she is like a size 16 and is 5"1'.

So….she comes and tells me yesterday that she had a little "talk with him" and that he was "so embarrassed that he turned purple"....whatever bitch. I ain't FEELIN it. She says that she told him that I “handled the comment EXTREMELY professionally" and that it’s “not Robyn’s wish to get you disciplined or fired, but instead to let you know that those comments were unprofessional and that since you are manager that her concern was that what if you said this to someone else….”. She said that he said that as soon as he said it he knew it was wrong. Or did you notice your confederate flag peeking out of your shirt pocket? She said that he said that he was going to apologize. I saw him yesterday IN PASSING (I was coming in and he was leaving….it must’ve been RIGHT after they had talked, cuz she told me right when I got upstairs) and he made NOOOO mention and just made small talk for a minute or so. Maybe he figured that wasn’t the place to apologize for a racial injustice *shrug* whatever. I could care LESS about an apology because THAT ain’t what counts! The fact that the thought even crossed your mind as something that might be “o.k.” to say is the part that bothers me, and an apology AIN’T gon’ change that shyt!

Now, I also partly feel like I am doing myself and black folks an injustice NOT calling the Gods of the Dept. of Civil Rights and the EEOC out with a hostile work environment charge or something. However, I have to eat. Am I sacrificing my pride and my race for food? I don’t know. Am I being a sell-out by NOT making a humongous stink about this?? I know a lot of ya’ll said that I should. My boss is the QUEEEEN of turning an OBVIOUSLY wrong situation into “just something unfortunate” and downplaying it to the MAXIMUM. To REALLLLLY get the desired effect of making a “stink” I would have to start the war. And to be honest, I have enough other shit to stress about in my life OTHER THAN her and adding THIS to my plate does NOT appeal to my palate. So, in a way I guess I am selling-out. For me, this is NOT the place to fight the war. MY boss would turn this around on ME SOMEHOW. Trust me. She does it ALL the time with other shit. She would probably tell the president that it was ME that was overreacting and cite that my reaction at the time wasn’t extreme so “I just don’t know WHYYYY she’s acting like this now” and that “she never TOLD ME that it was a HUGE problem and so I don’t understand…….” (which she will then try to call my credibility into question due to my “late” display of anger). Then she would reference that she had NEVER heard Dan say that and that she’s
”sure” he wasn’t trying to be offensive….blah,blah,blah”…… Do you see where I’m going on this????? She is the MASTER DIFFUSER/BULLSHITTER/GET-IT-TO-GO-MY-WAY muthafucka!

So anywho……She goes on to say “I told him that you were going to talk to him”. and I just looked at her when she said it and she continued on babbling saying how sorrrrrry he was and how he kneeeeew that it was wrong …..yeah, take up for your people, just like I’m gonna take up for mine bitch. And I am so NOT gonna talk to his ass either.... not my job

Cuz yeah if he had’a said that shit to MOST blacks, he WOULD HAVE gotten a terse retort OR gotten the shit slapped outta him and I swear, if this were NOT my bread and butter and if jobs were NOT so hard to come by, I SWEEEEEEEEEEAR that I woulda cursed him out with words that have yet to be created! My boss in her fucking infinite wisdom really thinks that it didn’t bother me that much. But that is because I didn’t make a huge stink about it. You have to understand the culture of my organization and the non-close relationship that I have with my boss. I am ALREADY in a tenuous position with my boss because she views me as a person that routinely “challenges” her authority. No, bitch I just have a mind and I use it. I do what she request for the most part, but if it is something BLATANTLY stupid or redundant, then I’m gonna speak up and object to that shit and suggest a different way. She, however, wants things HER WAY OR NO WAY. She is also a tyrannical micromanager. She wants to know if a fly pisses on my desk, much less anything else that goes on literally. I have had more straight up ARGUMENTS where she REFUSES TO listen to my reasoning, cuts me off, and I end up WALKING OUT OF HER OFFICE, than I care to think about. Actually, I’m surprised I’m not fired already. I just refuse to take her shit, like I used to. You see I was a little more tolerant when I got here of some of her shitty ways. Now? If she makes a smart-assed comment, she’s gonna get one thrown RIGHT back at her ass. Because I seriously dislike this hoe. Beef…it’s for dinner. Oh, and by-the-by…her LAST TWO HR Assistants (which is my gir;s position) filed EEOC charges on her and the HR Manager BEFORE ME filed an EEOC charge on her ass too. Hmmmmmm….what does THAT shit tell you???? I SWEAR I’d pay to read those charges…… they’re probably locked up somewhere so we (the staff) will never come across them. DRATS!

The reason I have let her think that I was not severely bothered about this is two-fold. One, I HATE any conversations that I have to have with her because she is horrible, from her unwashed hair to her lipstick that she proudly proclaims “stays on for 3 days “ (it’s the Revlon ColorStay stuff, but um….that was meant to be WASHED OFF AT DAY”S END YOU DIRTY BITCH) , to her smeared on under eye concealer, her WHOLLLLE hookup just AIN’T a good look. And #2, if she knew just how much I WAS offended, she would NEVER leave me a lone. Meaning, she would view me as the “hostile” negro and this would add stress to an ALREADY retartedly-sour relationship that we have.

So, why stay right. The perks. I make a DAMMMMMN good salary and am NOT overworked. I also get almost a grip EACH month for a “car allowance”, and I have a $2K reimbursement plan(that I do not pay premiums for) that reimburses me for any medical/dental bills for me and my fam that the insurance doesn’t cover! AND I am eligible for a bonus equal to 10% of my salary. Now, you see why I stay???? Because I LITERALLY knew shit was going to be fucked up and could peep her steelo after I had been here for THREE FUCKING WEEKS. I have been here almost 4 years people. Well, it must not be that bad, you say. No, believe me it is. I have a black co-worker who is around my age and she is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane. She "cover’s" for me if I need to sneak out for a minute and she is my eyes and ears and we keep watch other up on the bullshit that her and the damn Labor Relations Manager (who I can’t stand either because he is an arrogant asshole with a horrible nasty attitude and talks to EVERYONE he deals with that’s below him, like they are ignorant and nor worth SHIT and sometimes TELLS them as much depending on who it is. Not me, cuz we're the SAME grade level and HE'D get a hot one from me, but some of his union folks he’s comfortable with). So I really so work for a horrible woman and have to sit next to and occasionally interact with her in-house “spy”/Labor Manager.

I know that was off on a tangent, but I felt the need to vent *breathe, release, breathe, release* and let the clear picture of my working world be told.

And she’s the VP of HR . Yeah, whatever. And I have to agree with X….. HR folks are the WORST offenders of shit! And the bad thing is that if I really wanted to make a stink about anything, I would have to go to her boss (the president of our division) and he would in turn channel it riiiiight back through the “chain of command” to her and I would be FORCED to discuss this with her!!! ARRRRGHHHH!!! This is why I sometimes think that HR is soooo not for my ass!! LOL

5 comments:

Knockout Zed said...

You should sing your boss a love song.

In the immortal words of Dave Chappelle as R.Kelly:
"Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love/I just wanna do, all of the above/I wanna piss on you."


KZ

Chubby Chocolate said...

Drip, Drip, Drip/Piss on yeewwwwww!!! SAAANG it for Robyn Zed!

LadyLee said...

Ha! Vent on, girl... It's not only like that in HR, but it's like that in government, too. As the saying goes... There's nothing new under the sun...

And I don't think you are a sell out... You just trying to stack your bread, that's all. Pride don't pay the bills, you know!

Nothing worse than a jacked up boss, though. I'm thoroughly convinced that people in upper management who try to make your life a living hell are pretty miserable themselves. They just want to drag people down to their level of misery...

~ Eclectic Soul ~ said...

Vent all you want coz you've handled the whole situation with strategy and grace. Those parasites aren't worth giving up your salary and benefits for, no way. You know what you're doing fa sho...

Anonymous said...

girl get this spam up out yo' shit...

but back to this issue... girl breathe... in and out... deeply... now... shake that shit off...

That comment is not worth an EEOC call... but that environment is crazy.

Like all of us you have that pesky eating habit!!! I know you can't afford to just walk away from all that, and you also know that once you file suit against your company, you're essentially blackballed in corporate America because that's public record... and future employers will know about your suit and will NOT hire you because of it. Know that. So it's a HUGE sacrifice make sure if you do it... ever... that it's worth it and it's a REAL issue that needs to be addressed. His ignorance, in my opinion doesn't qualify.