Monday, July 31, 2006

Pressed for time....all the time....

Have you ever felt like there is just not enough time in a day??? Well, it seems that I have sooooo many things that I need to do and sooooo little time to do them. Top on my list of “shit I NEED to do but ain’t got the time, but I SERIOUSLY need to make the time”:

1. Exercise
2. Spend more time with my son
3. Spend more time “honing” and studying my craft (photography)
4. Learning more about money and becoming more financially savvy like “Single Ma”
5. Blogging (ha! I list this because it is a stress reliever…so I definitely NEED to do this )
6. Chillaxin’ (this one is HIGLY underrated, but I am a FIRM believer that having time to Chillax IS a need! It helps rejuvenate you!)

I mean, I have more items for this list, but I figure I’d stop here. If I could just sleep 4 hours a night, maybe I could GET more done, but I am here to tell YOU that I need AT LEAST 8-9 hours of damn sleep. Always have. I expect, always will. Even inc ollege, I used to be the one who would take a nap EVERYDAY and folks be just’a talking about me…..but I LITERALLY can’t function (consistently) on less than 6 hours of sleep on a regular basis. For real.

Take now for instance. Since my husband was gone this weekend, I didn’t get a chance to do some photo editing on a person’s pics that I took recently. Now,…. I need to get this done SOON, because I told her that it would be about a week for her to get her pictures (that week was yesterday). But with my little one requiring sooooo much attention, there was NO WAY I could focus on doing it this weekend, and once he went to sleep….. I was worn out! So, I can soooo see how single parents are TI.RED. So, I need to hustle to get this down tonight so I can get the pics printed to HOPEFULLY get them to her by Wednesday. (but that is 3 days over my due date!! **SIGH**) Neeeeeeed more time in the day.

I wish I had one of those “time stoppers” like they have in the movies! LOL

4 comments:

Prophetess said...

Girl, if I had a magic wand that I could wave and make Time stand still...

I used to think that I couldn't function normally on less than 8 hours sleep, but this bout of insomnia I have now, has made me think otherwise. I think the most sleep I've gotten recently is 4 and a half hours...

It aint enough hours in the day for me to do all the things I need to do and go all the places I need to go.

Single Ma said...

Girl I can relate. I swear my to do list keeps growing and growing. Sometime I say fugg it, relax, then start over the next day.

re: your finances. Just make it a priority and it'll happen. Thanks for rollin wit me!

chele said...

It's tough. I know. Time is so precious that we have to take advantage of every single second. I wish I could sleep that many hours ... they say as you get older you require less sleep.

Msnhim said...

It is very tough but I realized that I cant do everything so I make a list starting with the most important and do as much as I can